I’m a creative content manager with 20 years of experience in the media and technology industries. I have a strong sense of how to connect with large audiences as a result of my live broadcast experience and excel at driving awareness and impact. I’m a problem-solver and work well under pressure. I thrive on new challenges and capably work independently or in a team. I’m always open to new opportunities and legally authorised to work in the UK and the USA.
Mark is a lovely person and incredibly easy to work with and I look forward to using him for many more projects in the future.
Irene Kyme, Account Director at Cicero Group.
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Brand Management
- Copywriting & Scripting
- Audio/Video Production
- Adobe Creative Suite
CONTENT MANAGER – Seattle, WA
May 2018 – Present
• Currently creating 300+ original content descriptions per month for the World’s most prominent search engine.
• Expertise in the media and travel sectors, with senior-level presentation skills and B2B relationship management.
• Ensuring businesses and brands are accurately represented through digital content, and in the correct tone of voice.
• Highly experienced with CMS, HTML and the Adobe Creative Suite, plus social media and photography.
BT SPORT – London, UK
Continuity & Navigation Manager
August 2013 – February 2018
• Managed promotional activity across 13 television channels in the UK, maximizing audience growth.
• Created 200+ scripts per month for on-air talent, ensuring accurate delivery and on-brand messaging.
• Reduced department operating costs by 60% in the first two years through streamlining processes.
• Innovated by integrating social media data into live broadcasts, increasing engagement week on week.
• Created a complete marketing strategy for on-air communications, managing relationships with all production partners.
ESPN – London, UK
Senior Continuity Producer
January 2013 – July 2013
• Devised detailed media plans and coordinated promotional activity across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
• Created 300+ scripts per month for on-air talent, ensuring accurate delivery and on-brand messaging.
• Managed a team of freelancers working across several countries in various languages.
ITV – London, UK
Continuity Announcer (ITV1)
October 2004 – January 2013
• Broadcast live to audiences of 14million+ viewers, self-scripting against strict brand and marketing guidelines.
• Managed network continuity during technical breakdowns and emergency scenarios.
• Contributed to award-winning campaigns (Broadcast: Channel of the Year / Promax BDA)
RCS (UK) Ltd – London, UK
Support & Training Specialist
July 2001 – December 2004
• Provided telephone and on-site technical support to 250+ TV & radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
• Lead self-developed training seminars and presentations, maximizing opportunities for sales growth.
• Integral to the launch of many new radio stations.
STUDENT BROADCAST NETWORK – London, UK
Programme Controller / Head of Production
July 1998 – July 2001
• Headhunted from University to create a new in-house production department.
• Created branding and programming syndicated nationally to a radio network.
• Fully responsible for hiring, nurturing and producing all on-air talent.
AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing
American Marketing Association
The Online Marketing Fundamentals
IAB Europe / Google Digital Garage
Feb 2018 – Present
Click to see certification
Adobe Stock Contributor
Feb 2018 – Present
HND (Bachelor’s Degree Level) Media Technology & Production with Business
Farnborough College of Technology (University of Surrey)
ND Media Production & Technology
South Nottingham College
Dale Carnegie Graduate
Leadership for Managers